Friday, October 5, 2012

At some point during every election season, I ponder just what it is I expect the government, local, state and federal, to do.  I've never had a complete answer.  In the wee hours of morning today, the answer came to me.

I expect that government to protect our hard won freedoms, and to provide us with a framework for a caring, compassionate community.  I expect that our elected officials and our bureaucrats will disagree often and debate vigorously.  I also expect that they will compromise and negotiate, because that is what democracy demands.  I expect that  they all know that no one has all the answers, that no one gets everything that they think they want and that when they sit as a government their allegiance to the country far outweighs their allegiance to their party.

No comments:

Post a Comment