Sunday, March 3, 2013

Since the end of last week, I've been incredibly tired.  I was doing my regular round plus some snow blowing/shoveling, but by the end of the day, I had trouble lasting through dinner and putting Julia to bed.  Thursday and Friday night, I turned out the light for her and closed my eyes as well.  It was beginning to worry me as it reminded me of the early days of grieving.  Then last night, as we were reading our Little House book, I realized that my legs ached.  Before the lights went out my back hurt and my head ached.  I was getting sick.  I've escaped all winter so I really cannot complain although I hate being sick.

I limped through the day.  We did a quick grocery shopping before our first therapist came over and during therapy, I made a very large pot of my favorite chicken soup.  I spent a second afternoon working on taxes, having finished the gathering of material for estate taxes on Friday.  Mine are not done.  Mostly I think due to how slow I was moving today.  Then we watched Totoro, ate soup and jello (Julia wanted to buy jello when she shopped and she and Hillary made it in the early afternoon). We cleaned up and headed upstairs.

We read, watched a nature show and Julia was willing to go to sleep.  A might early but I did as much as I could for as long as I could.

I feel wretched.  I probably will not go into the Resource Center tomorrow -- no one needs my germs -- but Julia has a orthopedic appointment tomorrow morning and speech therapy in the afternoon.  I will go to those if I can.

I hope this doesn't last long, but ya' know, it is only the flu.  Or something else.  No one has died.  Is that too absurd to write?  My body is hurting, my eyes burn, but my heart is pretty much intact.

And I am grateful for small things.

No comments:

Post a Comment