Saturday, July 27, 2013

A commitment to being honest in what I write is not easy.  I wish I could omit entries like the last one.  I wish . . . yeah, beggars riding horses.  At least when I read what I write, the lack of daily writing means that I can see the radical shifts clearly when the truth is that most days I am able to drift along without heaving changes with much regularity and feel the compulsion to write only when I lose the ability to drift in complacency.  I'd like to believe that I am always the patient, enduring, loving person that is the best of me.  My reality and the stumbling humanness that I stare at in the mirror  is the counterweight to that best me.  It is not pretty.

Today, the answer to why I have a practice is that it helps me stop the downward spiral and allows me to remember that the practice is the coming back to center over and over.  And over.

No comments:

Post a Comment