Saturday, September 14, 2013

September 13


Fridays the 13th were my father’s lucky days.  There were a number of reasons but the only one I can remember is that it was a Friday the 13th that he was discharged from the Navy.  I thought I better write that down before I forget that one as well as all the others.

I spent most of this beautiful morning reading for and taking the multiple choice “Safety and Infection Control (Clinical) for Non-Employee Student and Non-UWHC employees”.  It is what it says and very little of it, perhaps none, has anything to do with the clinics that I might be attending.  But regardless of the usefulness of the exam, I may remember what to do if someone comes to the clinic with active TB symptoms or has a stroke or I have to provide someone with interveneous medication.  Chances of my getting any where near such things is so small that I expect that I would rely pretty much on my common sense.  But like every other irrelevant test I’ve ever taken which includes bars and legal ethics exams, I study and take it because it gets me where I want to go.  Period.

I did disagree with one multiple choice answer and so had to retake the test four times (really just clicked on the back arrow) to guess at the “correct” answer.  It was the choice that was unclear and poorly written and the one that I actually knew something about -- Power of Attorney for Health Care decisions.  Knowledge can be very dangerous.

But doesn’t matter.  It is done.  Certificate is printed.

No comments:

Post a Comment