Thursday, January 3, 2013


Ok, been up for a while now.  Writing some.  Answering email.  It has gotten to be the time that we usually get up but we are still on vacation and I am hoping to jot a bit here and then catch a very early morning nap before Julia wakes up.

About Julia.  Math.  And I think this happened with reading as well.  We hit walls.  I wonder why.  Julia will do 12 addition problems.  Carrying over with support from me, but basically on her own.  And then she gets to the 13th and has no idea of what to do.  What is that?  

We had an appointment with her meds doc yesterday so I asked her.  No idea at all, but she took notes.  She may be the kind of person that may think about what I said and possibly get back to me.  I am going to ask more of my natural resources to see if anyone has any idea.

We are unpacked and really back home.  The house, which needed a cleaning before we left, still needs it.  No gremlins who clean here.  I was going to do it yesterday, at least a vacuuming, after we got home from the docs but then decided to take out one of Julia’s new puzzles and start that.  I started a fire and lit candles and later put on our window candles and we worked together with music and some silence for hours.  And I take from that that I don’t understand Julia’s power of concentration.  I don’t know if I really understand mine but mine is more neurotypical.  I know that hers follows her interests.  Should I be making more use of that than I am?  

Second night of Julia in my bed and I remember why we cannot share a quilt.  Oy!  I have a king sized quilt on my bed and by the middle of the night, I am contorting my body and straining to get enough covers to stay warm.  This is not what woke me up or kept me up, but that being said, I do want my bed back.

I’ve resolved to have Julia in my bed until her arm and foot heel.  I may cave eventually, but I need to give it another try right now.  Her foot heeled for the last 48 hours.  She managed a bit of picking on her wrist when she went to the bathroom.  Pondering whether to follow her everywhere this week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment