Wednesday, January 2, 2013


The year is still so new and the writing of 2013 is still unnatural and I congratulate myself when I remember and get it correct.  It is cold enough that the windows leak cold air a little bit.  I close the chimney flu when there is no fire and that makes a difference in the living room.  Julia is still in bed, my bed, and it is after nine, but she is stirring and in moments, she will be up.  

My aim today is to set a pattern for our days off together.  Julia thrives on patterns and I appreciate them as well.  Sometimes without school or a therapy schedule, we drift and the day gets away from us.  We have not done anything therapeutic together and very little school work.  I make excuses for me, for us and many allowances because there has always been a therapist coming and a session planned, but we are coming to the time when there will be very little therapy.  On June 30, Julia will be finished with her intensive therapy.  She will still have some group work, speech, and attachment/trauma therapy, but her after school and vacation time will be mine.  Nothing needs to be set in stone but I need to develop sensible guidelines for us -- a bit more than our best days on vacation, a bit less than formal therapy.  I want her to keep learning and developing.  And I also want to have some fun.

Then again, sometimes getting up and dressed is a daunting task.  And by sometimes, I mean almost always.

She is up, singing as she dresses.  Anyway, I think she is dressing.  Time for my shower, meditation and breakfast and a good dog walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment