Saturday, March 23, 2013



I have not been writing -- not here, not privately.  On one hand, I don’t miss it at all, and I look at this blog as a drag of serious ideas devoid of family pictures and any sense of humor.  On the other hand, I hunger to move my fingers over the keys and make sense of the monkey mind that I use for thinking.  And which is sad and serious so much of the time.  

It is still winter -- yes, spring in name, but the landscape is still snow, sometimes white, sometimes dirty, but snow.  Now and again there seems to grow a fringe of matted down brown grass and I looked at patches of this anticipating the coming of more, but in the last week, each time the earth appeared, it was quickly covered by more snow.

And so, I’ve stopped anticipating.

Sometimes change comes from the inside.  I am a strong believer that this is the way that change “should” come.  But sometimes . . . . 

Perhaps and maybe. . . . 

If I am joyful.  Silly.  Happy.  All on the outside.

Over time, it will seep deep inside.  

And this is the most appropriate thought I can conjure up for the beginning of spring break!

3 comments:

  1. i have missed your writings, suzanne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was beginning to get worried...so glad you posted!! Yes, it is still winter here too.....and we are sick to death of the icky brownish, sorta white stuff lingering everywhere!! Yuck!!! Bring on some warm weather, I say!!!

    Better days are coming!!!!

    ReplyDelete