Thursday, June 6, 2013

This morning, I am grateful for the class that Julia is in this year.  There is a class field trip tomorrow and the kids heard about the possibility of fishing with the caveat that they had to bring their own rods.  Julia was very excited about fishing and asked me to get her a rod.  I know nothing about such things and reached out to the class parents to see if there was an extra rod somewhere for Julia to try.  And, of course, some guidance from some brave chaperone.  Offers for both came back very quickly and I sit here at the breakfast table in tears, grateful to be here, now, in the midst of kindness.  It is not the first time I have been grateful for help and kindness by any means, but it is the first time in a long time that I can feel it deeply.  Like some light shining in on my swampy soul.

I hope that some of the incredibly kind kids in class with Julia this year also turn up in next year's class.

No comments:

Post a Comment